Bristol Motor Speedway joined several NASCAR venues by opening up their campgrounds to evacuees from Hurricane Irma on Friday.
Evacuees may call toll free 866.415.4158 for more information.
Sister tracks Charlotte and Atlanta have also dedicated space on their campus in designated areas for those fleeing the storm which is now anticipated to make a direct hit on Florida. Talladega Superspeedway is also providing free camping for those residents.
"Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with those in the path of the hurricane," said the official statement from BMS.
The Bristol facility made a similar move in November by opening the track's five campgrounds to those affected by the Gatlinburg / Sevier County wildfires.
- Coal spill cleanup underway
- NEW DETAILS: Law enforcement official could be witness in Sullivan Co. shooting investigation
- 9-year-old who wanted cards for 'last Christmas' succumbs to cancer
- Report: NWS confirms three tornadoes in TN during Saturday storms
- Giving back: Local organization filling trunks, stomachs, and hearts