BRISTOL, Tenn. - Holston View Elementary School in Bristol, Tennessee is celebrating an award for their increased success.
A local elementary school is recognized by the state of Tennessee.
Holston View Elementary in Bristol has been named a Reward School by the State Department of Education.
The school is being recognized as one of the top schools in the state for progress.
"Our students have continually advanced in their achievement and made significant progress over the last three years anyway and this past year it was enough to warrant the state's recognition," adds Principal Jerry Poteat.
The school has about 400-students from Pre-K through 6th grade.
Tuesday's assembly was held outside the school in their new solar pavilion.
The new grid of solar panels is creating energy, while being used as an outdoor classroom.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death