New facts show dozens of bridges in the Volunteer State are among thousands across the country which have seriously deteriorated or are at risk of collapsing.
According to the Associated Press's analysis of federal data, 64 bridges in Tennessee are listed on the federal inventory as structurally deficient and fracture critical. Experts call that combination particularly problematic.
The AP report says, across the country, more than 97,000 bridges fall into one or both of those categories.
In North Carolina more than 5,000 bridges are considered deficient or obsolete.
- Kingsport police investigating suspicious death on Bruce Street
- Bristol woman staying positive throughout MS diagnosis
- Greeneville Couple Accused of Trying to Sell A Child on Craigslist
- Indivisible Greene County rally brings out protestors rallying for unity
- Kingsport hosts annual Carousel Fine Craft Show