BUTLER, Tenn. - The search is over for a fisherman from Roan Mountain, Tenn. who went missing after his boat hit an island on Watauga Lake.
Carter County Sheriff Chris Mathes tells us the body of 61-year-old Landon Walter Campbell was discovered Sunday evening near the main channel between Fish springs Marina and Butler Bridge.
According to the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency, boaters found an unoccupied bass boat near Fish Springs Marina Sunday morning around 10. The boat's navigation lights were still on.
Investigators believe the fisherman launched the boat at Rat Branch boat ramp, several miles from the accident scene. A truck and empty trailer belonging to the Campbell were found at the ramp.
An autopsy will be performed.
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial
- Rock royalty in attendance as Chris Cornell is laid to rest in Hollywood