BUTLER, Tenn. - The search is over for a fisherman from Roan Mountain, Tenn. who went missing after his boat hit an island on Watauga Lake.
Carter County Sheriff Chris Mathes tells us the body of 61-year-old Landon Walter Campbell was discovered Sunday evening near the main channel between Fish springs Marina and Butler Bridge.
According to the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency, boaters found an unoccupied bass boat near Fish Springs Marina Sunday morning around 10. The boat's navigation lights were still on.
Investigators believe the fisherman launched the boat at Rat Branch boat ramp, several miles from the accident scene. A truck and empty trailer belonging to the Campbell were found at the ramp.
An autopsy will be performed.
- Updated Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project