BUTLER, Tenn. - The search is over for a fisherman from Roan Mountain, Tenn. who went missing after his boat hit an island on Watauga Lake.
Carter County Sheriff Chris Mathes tells us the body of 61-year-old Landon Walter Campbell was discovered Sunday evening near the main channel between Fish springs Marina and Butler Bridge.
According to the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency, boaters found an unoccupied bass boat near Fish Springs Marina Sunday morning around 10. The boat's navigation lights were still on.
Investigators believe the fisherman launched the boat at Rat Branch boat ramp, several miles from the accident scene. A truck and empty trailer belonging to the Campbell were found at the ramp.
An autopsy will be performed.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane