CENTERVILLE, Tenn. - The body of a 6-year-old autistic boy who was swept away by flood waters on Thursday as his family crossed a bridge in their car has been recovered.
Tony Essary with the Hickman County Emergency Medical Services said the body of Tristen Demumbran was recovered Saturday morning in Beaver Dam Creek by volunteer searchers.
Tristen went missing Thursday after his mother tried to drive a van through high water. The child's aunt, Renee Swanson, has said the boy's mother was attempting to get Tristen and another child to safety. Swanson said they thought the water was lower than it actually was.
- New Virginia offenders raising tilapia in pilot program
- Police: Son kills father, self in front of wife, mother
- Slain Virginia officer was a father of 3, former Marine
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power