CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. - Authorities are investigating a boating accident on the Cumberland River the claimed the life of a 21-year-old Clarksville woman.
Police say Stephanie Burns was tubing Saturday evening when she somehow got caught in the propeller of the boat.
Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency official Doug Markham says Burns was dead when first responders arrived.
Officials say a 20-year-old man was also injured. The man, who has not been identified, was taken to Vanderbilt University Medical Center. His condition has not been released, but officials say he's expected to survive.
Burns and the man were among several people on the boat.
Authorities are looking into whether alcohol was a factor in the accident.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day