CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. - Authorities are investigating a boating accident on the Cumberland River the claimed the life of a 21-year-old Clarksville woman.
Police say Stephanie Burns was tubing Saturday evening when she somehow got caught in the propeller of the boat.
Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency official Doug Markham says Burns was dead when first responders arrived.
Officials say a 20-year-old man was also injured. The man, who has not been identified, was taken to Vanderbilt University Medical Center. His condition has not been released, but officials say he's expected to survive.
Burns and the man were among several people on the boat.
Authorities are looking into whether alcohol was a factor in the accident.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend