CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. - Authorities are investigating a boating accident on the Cumberland River the claimed the life of a 21-year-old Clarksville woman.
Police say Stephanie Burns was tubing Saturday evening when she somehow got caught in the propeller of the boat.
Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency official Doug Markham says Burns was dead when first responders arrived.
Officials say a 20-year-old man was also injured. The man, who has not been identified, was taken to Vanderbilt University Medical Center. His condition has not been released, but officials say he's expected to survive.
Burns and the man were among several people on the boat.
Authorities are looking into whether alcohol was a factor in the accident.
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire