KINGPORT, Tenn. - A Kingsport company is doing its part to help blood supplies in the region.
A State Farm Agency in Kingsport held a blood drive in honor of a co-worker's husband Mike Wilder who passed away in March.
Mike's wife Donna says the blood drive is being held in his memory because he was a frequent blood and platelet donor and she understands the importance if giving in the summer months when many people are unable to donate.
"It's a great holiday week. We're celebrating our independence and it's just such a great week where everyone is family and community orientate anyway, so we thought it'd be a great time," says Donna Wilder.
We're told about 50-people showed up to donate blood at Wednesday's drive.
- New Poll: 51 percent of Tennesseans approve of Trump's job performance
- UPDATE: Suspected Kingsport killer gets $250K bond
- Dirty dancing: Caretaker charged for naughty dance in front of dementia patient
- Haslam: First vote on gas tax won't signal final version
- Jimmy Fallon donates thousands to his high school