KINGPORT, Tenn. - A Kingsport company is doing its part to help blood supplies in the region.
A State Farm Agency in Kingsport held a blood drive in honor of a co-worker's husband Mike Wilder who passed away in March.
Mike's wife Donna says the blood drive is being held in his memory because he was a frequent blood and platelet donor and she understands the importance if giving in the summer months when many people are unable to donate.
"It's a great holiday week. We're celebrating our independence and it's just such a great week where everyone is family and community orientate anyway, so we thought it'd be a great time," says Donna Wilder.
We're told about 50-people showed up to donate blood at Wednesday's drive.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend