PINEY FLATS, Tenn. - An early morning fire tears through a barn and now investigators believe it could be arson.
A barn off of Warren Road in Piney Flats was consumed by flames around 6:30 Saturday morning.
While the barn is a total loss, the homeowner's two horses were not hurt.
Piney Flats Assistant Fire Chief Chris Berry tells us this fire is being treated as arson simply because the barn had no electricity and the battery in the tractor was unplugged.
"We've had a couple of barn fires recently, we had a small yard-barn fire last week. Just across the county line into Gray, what's the Boone's Creek area, they had a couple of barn fires as well," he added.
We've learned the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office is spear-heading this investigation. Anyone with information on this fire is asked to call (423)279-7500.
- Updated U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development
- Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31
- Tennessee's Education Commissioner visits local schools
- Medical treatment of accused Volunteer Parkway shooter burdensome