SMYRNA, Tenn. - Authorities are investigating the death of a Rutherford County man who was found inside of his car with a gunshot wound.
Police say the man was discovered around 6:30 a.m. Sunday along Interstate 24 in Smyrna.
The name of the man has not been released, and there are few details about what happened.
The Rutherford County Sheriff's Office says the Tennessee Highway Patrol is helping in the investigation.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane