SMYRNA, Tenn. - Authorities are investigating the death of a Rutherford County man who was found inside of his car with a gunshot wound.
Police say the man was discovered around 6:30 a.m. Sunday along Interstate 24 in Smyrna.
The name of the man has not been released, and there are few details about what happened.
The Rutherford County Sheriff's Office says the Tennessee Highway Patrol is helping in the investigation.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial