SMYRNA, Tenn. - Authorities are investigating the death of a Rutherford County man who was found inside of his car with a gunshot wound.
Police say the man was discovered around 6:30 a.m. Sunday along Interstate 24 in Smyrna.
The name of the man has not been released, and there are few details about what happened.
The Rutherford County Sheriff's Office says the Tennessee Highway Patrol is helping in the investigation.
- Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project