PARSONS, TENN. - Authorities say a man has been charged with kidnapping and murder in the disappearance of a Tennessee nursing student nearly three years ago.
State Bureau of Investigation Director Mark Gwyn announced the indictment against 29-year-old Zachary Adams on Wednesday afternoon.
Holly Bobo was 20 when last seen on April 13, 2011 outside her home in Parsons in West Tennessee. Her brother told authorities he saw a man leading her into the woods.
Investigators searched Adams' home in connection with the case last week. It was about 15 miles from Bobo's home.
Adams was arrested Friday in an unrelated case and is in custody with no bond set.
Investigators and volunteers have scoured the town of about 2,400 people and the surrounding terrain where cow pastures, old barns, thick woods and dusty back roads comprise the landscape.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend