WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - The Appalachian Fair is one of the most popular events of the summer in our region, and each year fairgoers get excited for the announcement of the entertainment line-up.
It may not compare to last year's Florida-Georgia Line sellout, but this year's line-up is just as strong with artists topping the country and contemporary Christian charts. "We didn't come back with bluegrass this year. We had some scheduling conflicts and we had to change our contemporary Christian night to Saturday night, but I think we've got a strong line-up again this year," fair manager Phil Booher said.
This year's line-up begins Monday night, August 18, with Tyler Farr. Tuesday evening is Thomas Rhett, and Parmalee plays on Wednesday. Craig Morgan is on Thursday, folowed by Chase Rice on Friday. On Saturday night, For King and Country and Francesca Battistelli will perform.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash