WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - The Appalachian Fair is one of the most popular events of the summer in our region, and each year fairgoers get excited for the announcement of the entertainment line-up.
It may not compare to last year's Florida-Georgia Line sellout, but this year's line-up is just as strong with artists topping the country and contemporary Christian charts. "We didn't come back with bluegrass this year. We had some scheduling conflicts and we had to change our contemporary Christian night to Saturday night, but I think we've got a strong line-up again this year," fair manager Phil Booher said.
This year's line-up begins Monday night, August 18, with Tyler Farr. Tuesday evening is Thomas Rhett, and Parmalee plays on Wednesday. Craig Morgan is on Thursday, folowed by Chase Rice on Friday. On Saturday night, For King and Country and Francesca Battistelli will perform.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death