TENNESSEE - The Boone Lake Association is looking for volunteers for its 15th annual Boone Lake Clean-Up. The goal of the project is to bring people together and remove as much trash and debris from the lake area as possible.
The president of the association, Russ Harrison, says "It's a daily influx into Boone Lake. This is a fragile body of water. Obviously surrounded by heavy pollution throughout the Tri-Cities."
The clean-up starts at 9AM and runs through 3PM Saturday April 26th. You can pick up trash bags and gloves at any one of eight locations around Boone Lake.
If you would like more information you can visit: http://boonelakeassociation.org/index.htm
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend