BLOUNTVILLE, Tenn. - Dog lovers exercised for a cause Saturday morning in the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office's 3rd Annual Hot Pursuit 5K and 2 mile walk.
All the money raised in the event will go to the Sheriff's Office's K-9 unit to purchase additional training equipment.
Lieutenant Lee Carswell told News 5 there's some worn out agility equipment that needs to be replaced. "We currently have six K-9's," he says. "K-9's are very useful to the department, but there is a cost attached to running a K-9 unit. This gives us the opportunity to get those extra things we want."
Carswell says the agility equipment alone costs about $1,500. He's confident the department raised enough with the amount that participated in the event.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University