BLOUNTVILLE, Tenn. - Dog lovers exercised for a cause Saturday morning in the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office's 3rd Annual Hot Pursuit 5K and 2 mile walk.
All the money raised in the event will go to the Sheriff's Office's K-9 unit to purchase additional training equipment.
Lieutenant Lee Carswell told News 5 there's some worn out agility equipment that needs to be replaced. "We currently have six K-9's," he says. "K-9's are very useful to the department, but there is a cost attached to running a K-9 unit. This gives us the opportunity to get those extra things we want."
Carswell says the agility equipment alone costs about $1,500. He's confident the department raised enough with the amount that participated in the event.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death