NASHVILLE, TENN. - A Tennessee bill to allow annexation by referendum or request is headed to the house.
The bill passed the Senate on Thursday. It does away with is commonly called "ordinance annexation".
If the bill passes the House, cities still will not be able to annex into counties until 2015.
By the way, working farms would be exempt from the law.
- Updated UPDATE: ETSU issues statement on student intimidating Black Lives Matter protest
- Updated Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- Updated Buchanan County holds highest unemployment rate in Virginia
- Senators ask Justice Department to investigate EpiPen maker
- California limits travel to North Carolina over LGBT law