NASHVILLE, TENN. - A Tennessee bill to allow annexation by referendum or request is headed to the house.
The bill passed the Senate on Thursday. It does away with is commonly called "ordinance annexation".
If the bill passes the House, cities still will not be able to annex into counties until 2015.
By the way, working farms would be exempt from the law.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend