NASHVILLE, TENN. - A Tennessee bill to allow annexation by referendum or request is headed to the house.
The bill passed the Senate on Thursday. It does away with is commonly called "ordinance annexation".
If the bill passes the House, cities still will not be able to annex into counties until 2015.
By the way, working farms would be exempt from the law.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day