SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn - The Sullivan County, Bluff City, Kingsport animal shelter is trying to raise money, by raffling off a handmade quilt.
"Sew Vac and Long Arm Quilting Center" in Kingsport donated the quilt to the shelter.
Raffle tickets are available for one dollar at the SBK shelter in Blountville and at Sew Vac in Kingsport.
The quilt, valued between two and three hundred dollars, comes with two pillow shams and a throw pillow.
If all the tickets are sold $2,000 will be raised for the shelter.
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction