Tennessee - A new year will bring a new law that Tennessee lawmakers say will boost the state's revenue.
Starting Wednesday, Amazon.com will begin collecting sales tax in Tennessee.
Under a deal struck with the administration of former Governor Phil Bredesen, Amazon was absolved from collecting the state sales tax.
However, the online retailing giant's brick-and-mortar competitors argued that wasn't fair.
Current Governor Bill Haslam eventually reached an agreement with Amazon that required it to begin collecting sales tax in Tennessee in 2014.
- Updated Bristol, Va. woman charged with attempted robbery
- Updated Tenn. House Clerk accused of rude conduct
- Binge-drinking UMass student nearly dies in Pennsylvania
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation