Tennessee - A new year will bring a new law that Tennessee lawmakers say will boost the state's revenue.
Starting Wednesday, Amazon.com will begin collecting sales tax in Tennessee.
Under a deal struck with the administration of former Governor Phil Bredesen, Amazon was absolved from collecting the state sales tax.
However, the online retailing giant's brick-and-mortar competitors argued that wasn't fair.
Current Governor Bill Haslam eventually reached an agreement with Amazon that required it to begin collecting sales tax in Tennessee in 2014.
- Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City