JOHNSON CITY-Tenn. - The "All Critters Tennessee Camp" is going on this week at Winged Deer Park in Johnson City.
Health, art, and animals is the theme of the camp.
Connie Deegan, Johnson City Parks and Recreation Nature Coordinator, says campers are getting the chance to see animals up close, learn healthy habits, and even have a little fun in the process.
"All the critters and plants we'll be identifying will be things campers might see hiking on Buffalo Mountain or hiking in their backyard," says Deegan.
The camp will run through July 11th, but there is still time to sign up for a summer camp.
You can do so by going to the Johnson City Parks and Recreation website or calling (423) 283-5821.
- New Person of interest identified in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Local overcrowded animal shelter fighting to avoid euthanasia
- More law enforcement agencies in our region looking to carry a lifesaving drug
- Norton clinic improving health for black lung patients
- Lowe's Heroes Project making improvements to Cherokee Elementary School