Washington, D.C. - President Obama is scheduled to deliver his state of the Union speech tomorrow night. Senator Lamar Alexander is talking about what he hopes to hear.
In a press release, Senator Alexander said he hopes President Obama will offer real answers to the issue of income inequality. Alexander said, "The first real answer to income inequality is to liberate the free enterprise system to create more good jobs, and that's harder to do with the big, wet blanket of Obama administration regulations causing employers to reduce the number of jobs."
Alexander says another way to deal with income inequality is to give parents more freedom to choose a better school for their child. Alexander says he'll introduce legislation to do that tomorrow.
The State of the Union speech is scheduled for Tuesday night.
- Updated BREAKING: One person shot, flown to hospital in Washington County, Va.
- Tusculum and Mosheim voters must decide on liquor sales
- Bigger turnout in second year of Push! Film Festival
- Family Justice Center to open in Sullivan County
- Voting on wine sales in retail food stores in two Unicoi County towns