A local food bank gets a generous donation from a grocery store chain.
Second Harvest of Northeast Tennessee received $4,500 from the Food Lion Charitable Foundation.
Second Harvest says the money will be used to fund the Food for Kids backpack program to help ensure hungry children in the region have enough food to eat on weekends.
- Updated Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- New Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction
- Jury is out in first-degree murder case of Johnson City man
- Volunteer firefighters responded to RV fire in Bluff City
- Two men charged in the fatal shooting of Zaevion Dobson