A local food bank gets a generous donation from a grocery store chain.
Second Harvest of Northeast Tennessee received $4,500 from the Food Lion Charitable Foundation.
Second Harvest says the money will be used to fund the Food for Kids backpack program to help ensure hungry children in the region have enough food to eat on weekends.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport