A local food bank gets a generous donation from a grocery store chain.
Second Harvest of Northeast Tennessee received $4,500 from the Food Lion Charitable Foundation.
Second Harvest says the money will be used to fund the Food for Kids backpack program to help ensure hungry children in the region have enough food to eat on weekends.
- Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City