A local food bank gets a generous donation from a grocery store chain.
Second Harvest of Northeast Tennessee received $4,500 from the Food Lion Charitable Foundation.
Second Harvest says the money will be used to fund the Food for Kids backpack program to help ensure hungry children in the region have enough food to eat on weekends.
- Sale of the old mill property still planning to go through after fire
- Greene County teen admits to murdering father
- Authorities continue investigation into old General Mills building fire
- Cyber security customer call center has grand opening in Wise
- Expelled state lawmaker escorted from UT football game