An annual summertime tradition has children of all ages excited in Greeneville, Tennessee.
The 65th annual Greene County Fair is happening this week, with this year's theme "There is magic in the air."
The fair features many educational events such as carnival rides, petting zoos, and a livestock show.
Bobby Holt, President of Greene County fair, brought a new venue to the Heritage Building that shows off arts and crafts. Holt hopes to bring education to the building as well.
"We are excited to bring this to the community, not only as an opportunity for young folk to see and kinda see how things were years ago, but also to give our older folks an opportunity to reminisce about their heritage and how they grew up.," says Holt.
The fair kicked off Aug 11. at 4p.m., and runs to 11 each night through Saturday.
- Updated Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City