An annual summertime tradition has children of all ages excited in Greeneville, Tennessee.
The 65th annual Greene County Fair is happening this week, with this year's theme "There is magic in the air."
The fair features many educational events such as carnival rides, petting zoos, and a livestock show.
Bobby Holt, President of Greene County fair, brought a new venue to the Heritage Building that shows off arts and crafts. Holt hopes to bring education to the building as well.
"We are excited to bring this to the community, not only as an opportunity for young folk to see and kinda see how things were years ago, but also to give our older folks an opportunity to reminisce about their heritage and how they grew up.," says Holt.
The fair kicked off Aug 11. at 4p.m., and runs to 11 each night through Saturday.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone