GATLINBURG, Tenn. - Officials say six people have been evacuated from a Gatlinburg neighborhood due to flooding.
Reports suggest that excessive snow-melt and rainfall on Saturday caused West Prong Bird Creek to flood into an apartment complex in the north end of the city.
Officials said three evacuees went to a Red Cross shelter at a community center. The other three are with family members.
The evacuation was issued in the area of the Medlin Addition Neighborhood. The water has since subsided.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport