GATLINBURG, Tenn. - Officials say six people have been evacuated from a Gatlinburg neighborhood due to flooding.
Reports suggest that excessive snow-melt and rainfall on Saturday caused West Prong Bird Creek to flood into an apartment complex in the north end of the city.
Officials said three evacuees went to a Red Cross shelter at a community center. The other three are with family members.
The evacuation was issued in the area of the Medlin Addition Neighborhood. The water has since subsided.
- Updated People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- New UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- New McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project
- Gold Star monument getting Sullivan County funding
- New Sullivan County animal shelter clears another hurdle