SPRING CITY, Tenn. - Three children have been pulled from the icy water on Watts Bar Lake after spending nearly an hour clinging to a buoy.
First responders say the three children had fallen through the ice in a cove on the lake in Roane County.
Reports indicate the three children were airlifted to the University of Tennessee Medical Center just after noon on Saturday. The names and conditions of the minors were not released on Saturday.
Roane County Rescue Squad Capt. Eddie Jones says the call came in at 11:53 a.m., but officials had a hard time locating the kids.
Jones says some boaters reached the children first and handed them over to rescuers.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane