JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Many job seekers gathered Thursday, searching for employment at the 25th annual Interstate Career Fair.
This year's event was held at the Millennium Center in Johnson City.
Each year the event is organized by 16 colleges in the region.
We're told more than 65 employers were on hand looking for new employees. "What I tell my students and alumni from everywhere is you cannot replace the face-to-face. You can apply online, you can do that, but this face-to-face cannot be replaced," says event chair Amanda Gardner.
More than 300 job seekers were expected to attend Thursday's job fair.
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator
- Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing
- US Postal Service issues new Thoreau stamp at Walden Pond
- Derby Day event raises $31,000 for hunger prevention programs in Greene Co.
- Philadelphia man who spent 24 years in prison is exonerated