MADISONVILLE, Tenn. - Authorities say two Monroe County jail inmates stole a vehicle and escaped from a work detail.
The Monroe County Sheriff's Office says Tony Joe Carroll and Ricky Burnette were working at a convenience center when they stole an SUV belonging to one of the site supervisors and drove away.
Authorities say the men are driving a gold 2006 Ford Explorer with the Tennessee tag 325 RMV.
Officials say Carroll has been serving time for charges of theft, vandalism, auto burglary and destruction of valuable papers.
Burnette has been serving time for driving on a suspended license, manufacture of schedule II drugs, drug paraphernalia and violation of parole.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect