MADISONVILLE, Tenn. - Authorities say two Monroe County jail inmates stole a vehicle and escaped from a work detail.
The Monroe County Sheriff's Office says Tony Joe Carroll and Ricky Burnette were working at a convenience center when they stole an SUV belonging to one of the site supervisors and drove away.
Authorities say the men are driving a gold 2006 Ford Explorer with the Tennessee tag 325 RMV.
Officials say Carroll has been serving time for charges of theft, vandalism, auto burglary and destruction of valuable papers.
Burnette has been serving time for driving on a suspended license, manufacture of schedule II drugs, drug paraphernalia and violation of parole.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- Updated Attorney: Alabama mom delivered stillborn baby after snorting heroin
- New Kingsport police searching for man accused in deputy-involved hit-and-run
- Updated Report: Distractions behind 10 percent spike in U.S. traffic deaths