The State Collaborative of Reforming Education (SCORE) has selected 22 teachers of its inaugural Tennessee Educator Fellowship.
Two of the teachers are from our region.
Valerie Love teaches Math to 9th-12th graders in Kingsport City Schools.
Lori Ann Wright teaches Theater Arts to 9th-12th graders in Unicoi County Schools.
They were selected from 350 applicants.
We learned both teachers had to fill out an application and go for an interview in Knoxville before they was selected.
Valerie Love says she's excited to make a difference, "to be able to understand the decisions that are being made so that I can communicate both with my peers and also be a voice for my peers with the underlying part being student learning."
The Tennessee Educator Fellowship is a one-year program that provides teachers the opportunity to obtain knowledge and share ideas on policy issues affecting students learning.
The teachers will continue to teach in their classrooms during the fellowship.
- New Man convicted of vehicular homicide by intoxication denied new trial
- New Former Norton parks and recreation supervisor to plead guilty in sex scandal
- Updated Live to Tell: Dragon crash victim describes ordeal
- New Paralyzed hiker finishes 2,000-plus mile journey
- Updated UPDATE: Carter County rape, incest suspect appears in court