McMINN COUNTY, Tenn. - The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation has issued a statewide alert after a car wanted in a Florida child abduction was believed seen in southeast Tennessee.
The TBI said the kidnapping occurred in Florida when 2- and 4-year-old boys were taken from their custodial grandmother in Tampa.
Police say they are possibly with the biological parents, Sharyn and Joshua Hakken.
The TBI said the couple are believed to be armed and are considered dangerous.
They were traveling in a 2006 black GMC pickup truck, bearing Florida license number U95KT.
The vehicle may have been spotted in Etowah (EH'-toh-wah) at about 8 p.m. Wednesday.
Tips should be phoned to (800) TBI-FIND.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next