McMINN COUNTY, Tenn. - The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation has issued a statewide alert after a car wanted in a Florida child abduction was believed seen in southeast Tennessee.
The TBI said the kidnapping occurred in Florida when 2- and 4-year-old boys were taken from their custodial grandmother in Tampa.
Police say they are possibly with the biological parents, Sharyn and Joshua Hakken.
The TBI said the couple are believed to be armed and are considered dangerous.
They were traveling in a 2006 black GMC pickup truck, bearing Florida license number U95KT.
The vehicle may have been spotted in Etowah (EH'-toh-wah) at about 8 p.m. Wednesday.
Tips should be phoned to (800) TBI-FIND.
- Updated UPDATE: Greene Co. Sheriff says missing teen could be in N.C.
- ETSU student arraigned, has November court date
- Baby makes three Abingdon women in same family born on same day
- Updated UPDATE: Southern Conference to keep championship games in N.C.
- Save the Peeps: Workers of famous marshmallows end strike