ABINGDON, Va. - A teenager drowned at South Holston Lake on June 20.
It happened just before 9 p.m. Thursday near Ahoy Lane and Aven's Bridge. Sheriff Fred Newman tells us a group of teenagers were swimming when a 15-year-old boy went under and never resurfaced.
We're told several crews were on the scene looking for the body.
Sheriff Newman says his body found about 90 minutes later about seven feet from the dock. We're told his body will be sent off the the State Examiner's office in Roanoke, Virginia for an autopsy.
We'll bring you more details as they become available to us.
- New Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing
- New US Postal Service issues new Thoreau stamp at Walden Pond
- Derby Day event raises $31,000 for hunger prevention programs in Greene Co.
- Philadelphia man who spent 24 years in prison is exonerated
- Wise County authorities search for missing woman