HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - A 17-year-old is facing two charges of criminal impersonation after Hawkins County authorities say he contacted several news stations, including WCYB, saying Hawkins County schools would be closed.
Authorities say he used two school employees' email addresses, including director of schools Charlotte Britton, to send the message.
They say he used a spoofing site to hack into the emails on February 4 and 5 and send a message saying the schools were closed on February 5.
We're told he confessed to a detective.
- Updated Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death