JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - The Johnson City teenager accused of murdering his mother then having sex with her corpse was back in court today.Cody Miller is charged with strangling his mother Sherry Cooper in 2009 at their Johnson City apartment. He was 17 at the time.Judge Robert Cupp is hearing a list of pre-trial motions.Most of today was spent listening to Miller's video statement to detectives.During the tape he both confessed and then denied killing his mother. Another person, Chris Johnson, also faces charges in connection to Cooper's death.
- New Four months after Johnson City murder, still no suspect
- Updated UPDATE: Suspected Kingsport killer gets $250K bond
- UPDATE: Fresh leads develop in Christmas Eve murder
- Kingsport City Schools unveils new DB Excel facility
- Northeast State Student Veterans of America raising awareness about veteran suicides