JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - The Johnson City teenager accused of murdering his mother then having sex with her corpse was back in court today.Cody Miller is charged with strangling his mother Sherry Cooper in 2009 at their Johnson City apartment. He was 17 at the time.Judge Robert Cupp is hearing a list of pre-trial motions.Most of today was spent listening to Miller's video statement to detectives.During the tape he both confessed and then denied killing his mother. Another person, Chris Johnson, also faces charges in connection to Cooper's death.
- New UPDATE: Keene sentenced to 60 years
- Convicted cop killer lingering on death row, costly to taxpayers
- Bristol, Va., woman charged with malicious wounding
- Man convicted of vehicular homicide by intoxication denied new trial
- Former Norton parks and recreation supervisor to plead guilty in sex scandal