JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - The Johnson City teenager accused of murdering his mother then having sex with her corpse was back in court today.Cody Miller is charged with strangling his mother Sherry Cooper in 2009 at their Johnson City apartment. He was 17 at the time.Judge Robert Cupp is hearing a list of pre-trial motions.Most of today was spent listening to Miller's video statement to detectives.During the tape he both confessed and then denied killing his mother. Another person, Chris Johnson, also faces charges in connection to Cooper's death.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Updated Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash