BRISTOL, Tenn. - The Tennessee Department of Transportation will be sending special help this weekend to handle heavy race traffic.
Three lime-yellow HELP trucks from Knoxville will patrol the area on Friday. Four HELP trucks will be in the area on Saturday.
They will assist with any incidents that may occur in an effort to keep traffic moving.
Other traffic control measures being taken by TDOT from August 23 - 24 include maintenance units throughout the region and portable message signs.
TDOT will also suspend all construction projects that could restrict traffic until Monday.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect