BRISTOL, Tenn. - The Tennessee Department of Transportation will be sending special help this weekend to handle heavy race traffic.
Three lime-yellow HELP trucks from Knoxville will patrol the area on Friday. Four HELP trucks will be in the area on Saturday.
They will assist with any incidents that may occur in an effort to keep traffic moving.
Other traffic control measures being taken by TDOT from August 23 - 24 include maintenance units throughout the region and portable message signs.
TDOT will also suspend all construction projects that could restrict traffic until Monday.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend