HANCOCK COUNTY, Tenn. - We have an update tonight on a bridge in Hancock County, Tennessee that state officials were considering closing.
We've learned the Tennessee Department of Transportation says it now has a new plan to replace the aging Kyles Ford Bridge over the Clinch River. TDOT says the existing bridge will remain open, but officials do plan to replace that bridge on State Route 70.
The new bridge is expected to be under contract by the end of 2012.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson