TAZEWELL COUNTY, Va. - Tazewell County, Virginia Sheriff's Department says they arrested 32-year-old Christopher Dean Looney in connection with the death of his parents Harvey and Valerie Looney.
At a press conference Thursday morning, authorities said Looney did not turn himself in and that the death penalty is possible in this case. They charged Christopher Looney with two counts of capital murder.
Authorities say Harvey and Valerie Looney were murdered while working at Pizza Plus in Claypool Hill. They also said the victims had several injuries.
Since 2009, those were the only details the department released about what happened on March 30th 2009. Sheriff Brian Hieatt said the case was never forgotten and that he put new efforts into the investigation once he was elected.
Authorities say Christopher was the only son of the Harvey and Valerie. They added the couple was murdered the day before their 29th anniversary.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death