TAZEWELL COUNTY, Va. - Tazewell County, Virginia Sheriff's Department says they arrested 32-year-old Christopher Dean Looney in connection with the death of his parents Harvey and Valerie Looney.
At a press conference Thursday morning, authorities said Looney did not turn himself in and that the death penalty is possible in this case. They charged Christopher Looney with two counts of capital murder.
Authorities say Harvey and Valerie Looney were murdered while working at Pizza Plus in Claypool Hill. They also said the victims had several injuries.
Since 2009, those were the only details the department released about what happened on March 30th 2009. Sheriff Brian Hieatt said the case was never forgotten and that he put new efforts into the investigation once he was elected.
Authorities say Christopher was the only son of the Harvey and Valerie. They added the couple was murdered the day before their 29th anniversary.
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction