TAZEWELL COUNTY, Va. - Tazewell County, Virginia Sheriff's Department says they arrested 32-year-old Christopher Dean Looney in connection with the death of his parents Harvey and Valerie Looney.
At a press conference Thursday morning, authorities said Looney did not turn himself in and that the death penalty is possible in this case. They charged Christopher Looney with two counts of capital murder.
Authorities say Harvey and Valerie Looney were murdered while working at Pizza Plus in Claypool Hill. They also said the victims had several injuries.
Since 2009, those were the only details the department released about what happened on March 30th 2009. Sheriff Brian Hieatt said the case was never forgotten and that he put new efforts into the investigation once he was elected.
Authorities say Christopher was the only son of the Harvey and Valerie. They added the couple was murdered the day before their 29th anniversary.
- Updated Justin Timberlake on Tenn. voting controversy: "I had no idea."
- Updated Woman pleads guilty in Tenn. drag racing case
- Man arrested for trying pay with $1 bill altered to look like a $20
- Wife who says lottery is waste of money wins $1 million
- Mistrial for men accused of beating NASCAR's Mike Wallace