ABINGDON, Va. - What's better than getting driven around to taste new foods?
That is exactly what happened Tuesday night in Abingdon for the Tastes of the Town Trolley Tour.
The tour is a part of the rooted in Appalachia campaign, in effort to showcase local food, wine and beer. Tuesday night was the fourth tour since September.
The first of four stops was Glenrochie Country Club. Head Chef, Nathan Breeding made green eggs and ham.
Breeding says the trolley tour is a great asset for the town of Abingdon, "It brings awareness to everybody around about what they are doing culinary wise, ingredients that they are using from our local farmers here, and it gets people out mingling socially and able to see a little more of the town."
The other tasty stops included Zazzy's Coffee Shop, Babycakes, and Rain Restaurant.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting