ABINGDON, Va. - What's better than getting driven around to taste new foods?
That is exactly what happened Tuesday night in Abingdon for the Tastes of the Town Trolley Tour.
The tour is a part of the rooted in Appalachia campaign, in effort to showcase local food, wine and beer. Tuesday night was the fourth tour since September.
The first of four stops was Glenrochie Country Club. Head Chef, Nathan Breeding made green eggs and ham.
Breeding says the trolley tour is a great asset for the town of Abingdon, "It brings awareness to everybody around about what they are doing culinary wise, ingredients that they are using from our local farmers here, and it gets people out mingling socially and able to see a little more of the town."
The other tasty stops included Zazzy's Coffee Shop, Babycakes, and Rain Restaurant.
- New Faculty respond to TBR's 'interim actions' taken at Northeast State Community College
- New Volunteers needed to build home for family in Unicoi County
- Greene County Workhouse women's choir lifting spirits
- Official: Trump to revoke transgender bathroom guidance
- YWCA helping girls get ready for prom