ABINGDON, Va. - What's better than getting driven around to taste new foods?
That is exactly what happened Tuesday night in Abingdon for the Tastes of the Town Trolley Tour.
The tour is a part of the rooted in Appalachia campaign, in effort to showcase local food, wine and beer. Tuesday night was the fourth tour since September.
The first of four stops was Glenrochie Country Club. Head Chef, Nathan Breeding made green eggs and ham.
Breeding says the trolley tour is a great asset for the town of Abingdon, "It brings awareness to everybody around about what they are doing culinary wise, ingredients that they are using from our local farmers here, and it gets people out mingling socially and able to see a little more of the town."
The other tasty stops included Zazzy's Coffee Shop, Babycakes, and Rain Restaurant.
- Updated Wise County receives grant for new protective order law
- Updated Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone
- Updated Traffic advisory for Exit 17 on I-81 in Abingdon
- Authorities continue investigation into Sunday's fire in Johnson City
- Virginia Tech unveils plan for new business complex