ABINGDON, Va. - The Taste of the Town Tours kicked off in Abingdon, Virginia on Tuesday.
It features samples of the local bounty used at restaurants in Abingdon. Participants will be stopping 5 to 6 times for small tastes of food and drink that highlight the restaurants' unique flavor.
The tour features restaurants that are part of the Rooted In Appalachia campaign. That is a local food branding initiative launched in 2012.
For more information about the events, click here.
- Updated Dolly Parton films final scenes at Dollywood for her new Christmas movie
- New Bristol, Va. police officer, involved in domestic dispute, under investigation
- New Officials ask public for help in search for escaped Washington Co., Tenn. inmate
- U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development