In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
Popular now on WCYB.com
Around The Watercooler
- Reports: 10,000 doves searched by police in China
- Accused doughnut truck thief drops pastry, surrenders
- Bank robbery suspect's happy mug shot going viral
- Strong cologne leads cops to hiding criminal
- La. restaurant gives discount to gun-toting patrons
- Cops: Man shot at neighbor's home to unload gun
- Fleeing car crashes into water treatment plant
- 'Che,' Chavez perfumes a no-go in Cuba
- Would you wear the Suitsy?