In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
New Photos & Videos
- Mom charged with murder in 2 babies' deaths
- Just how deadly is the kissing bug?
- Newborn baby found in nativity scene
- Carter County business goes up in flames
- Domestic violence more likely during holidays
- Hundreds of families enjoy Thanksgiving Dinner in Honaker
- Johnson City starts 'Adopt a Cop' initiative
- Scrap giving pets table scraps, to avoid grief after Thanksgiving
- Spiders invade North Memphis neighborhood in
- Hampton prepares for state semifinal showdown
- 11 schools at Technology Student Assn’s regional competition
- Local contestant tells what to do before appearing on Jeopardy!
- Russian missiles complicate Hollande visit
- Darth Vader robs Florida store
- Grateful shopper pays for firefighters' groceries
- On Camera: Exclusive video of downed Russian jet