In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
New Photos & Videos
- Owner of coal trucking company pleads guilty to federal violations
- Police investigating robbery in Bristol
- Man in jail after allegedly attacking victim with concrete block and stick
- The Bristol Hotel to open in the summer of 2017
- Man pleads guilty who had 300,000 images of child porn on computer
- Mars closest to Earth tonight
- Man charged with attempted first-degree murder in Greene County
- Two men sentenced for involvement in crack cocaine distribution conspiracy
- Kenny Chesney to play before Battle at Bristol
- We Salute You: Johnny Wayne Chapman, Saltville, Va.
- Tuesday Afternoon's StormTrack 5 Forecast Video: 5-31
- Tuesday Night's StormTrack 5 Forecast Video
- Monday Night's StormTrack 5 Forecast: 05-30-16
- We Salute You: Paul David Keesee, Chilhowie, Va.
- VHSL Playoff Highlights 5-30
- Plumb Alley Day draws thousands