BRISTOL, Tenn. - Barbecues and days on the lake are Summer traditions, but another Summer staple is the increased need for blood donations.
As Labor Day approaches, local blood centers are making one final Summer push for donations.
The Bristol campus of National College of Business and Technology held a blood drive today for the Marsh Regional Blood Center.
We talked to organizers about why summer blood drives are important. Kimberly Reynolds with Marsh Regional said, "Around holidays there are a lot more accidents and things like that, that require more blood intake for hospitals that we supply to."
Participant received a free t-shirt and snacks.
- UPDATE: escaped UPS Lee inmates captured in Mexico
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator