BRISTOL, Tenn. - Barbecues and days on the lake are Summer traditions, but another Summer staple is the increased need for blood donations.
As Labor Day approaches, local blood centers are making one final Summer push for donations.
The Bristol campus of National College of Business and Technology held a blood drive today for the Marsh Regional Blood Center.
We talked to organizers about why summer blood drives are important. Kimberly Reynolds with Marsh Regional said, "Around holidays there are a lot more accidents and things like that, that require more blood intake for hospitals that we supply to."
Participant received a free t-shirt and snacks.
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- FTC warns there would be 'significant risk' if MSHA, Wellmont merger is approved
- Suspected Bristol bank robber waives preliminary hearing
- Justin Timberlake on Tenn. voting controversy: "I had no idea."
- Updated MLB commish says he plans to meet with Indians owner on logo