ABINGDON, Va. - A substitute teacher from southwest Virginia who is accused of having sex with a student has been indicted.
Lee Ann Lester, 31, of Glade Spring was indicted on one felony charge of Taking Indecent Liberties with a Child by a Person in Custodial or Supervisory Relationship.
Lester is accused of having sexual intercourse with a student in the chorus room of Patrick Henry High
The alleged incident happened in February of 2013 when Lester was serving as substitute chorus teacher at the school.
Authorities want to remind people that everyone charged with a crime is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty in a court of law.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash