ABINGDON, Va. - Virginia schools and businesses participated in a statewide tornado drill at 9:45 a.m. on Tuesday.
The principal at Abingdon Elementary School said severe weather, especially this time of year, makes many people in the school nervous since southwest Virginia was hit by a tornado in April 2011.
Coming up on News 5 WCYB tonight, hear from students and staff about preparing and practicing for tornado after living through one two years ago.
- UPDATE: escaped UPS Lee inmates captured in Mexico
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator