JOHNSON COUNTY, Tenn. - There's still no suspect or murder weapons in the double murder in Johnson County, Tennessee.
We checked with Johnson County Sheriff Mike Reece again Thursday. He told us investigators were busy looking for evidence in the home on James Davis Lane. Sheriff Reece said the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation is still interviewing friends, family, and neighbors.
Bill Payne, Jr. and Billie Hayworth were found dead inside their home Tuesday morning.
Sheriff Reece says it appears someone knew the family's routine.
- Court: Greeneville bank manager embezzled more than $1 million
- Local police agencies offering drug take-back services Saturday
- Domtar announces reduced production at Kingsport plant
- Virginia voter registration deadline extended through Friday
- School board picks plan for new Boone's Creek school, discusses redistricting issue