JOHNSON COUNTY, Tenn. - There's still no suspect or murder weapons in the double murder in Johnson County, Tennessee.
We checked with Johnson County Sheriff Mike Reece again Thursday. He told us investigators were busy looking for evidence in the home on James Davis Lane. Sheriff Reece said the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation is still interviewing friends, family, and neighbors.
Bill Payne, Jr. and Billie Hayworth were found dead inside their home Tuesday morning.
Sheriff Reece says it appears someone knew the family's routine.
- Updated Black Lives Matter rally crasher no longer enrolled at ETSU, attorney issues statement
- New Man charged with sexually abusing 8-month-old appears in court
- New Man accused of branding wife with hot knife appears in court
- Updated Man who penned famous Oscar Mayer jingle dies in Illinois
- Updated UPDATE: Item on Tweetsie Trail was geocaching box; trail reopens