JOHNSON COUNTY, Tenn. - There's still no suspect or murder weapons in the double murder in Johnson County, Tennessee.
We checked with Johnson County Sheriff Mike Reece again Thursday. He told us investigators were busy looking for evidence in the home on James Davis Lane. Sheriff Reece said the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation is still interviewing friends, family, and neighbors.
Bill Payne, Jr. and Billie Hayworth were found dead inside their home Tuesday morning.
Sheriff Reece says it appears someone knew the family's routine.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake