JOHNSON COUNTY, Tenn. - There's still no suspect or murder weapons in the double murder in Johnson County, Tennessee.
We checked with Johnson County Sheriff Mike Reece again Thursday. He told us investigators were busy looking for evidence in the home on James Davis Lane. Sheriff Reece said the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation is still interviewing friends, family, and neighbors.
Bill Payne, Jr. and Billie Hayworth were found dead inside their home Tuesday morning.
Sheriff Reece says it appears someone knew the family's routine.
- Updated Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- New Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction
- Jury is out in first-degree murder case of Johnson City man
- Volunteer firefighters responded to RV fire in Bluff City
- Two men charged in the fatal shooting of Zaevion Dobson