We have some tips when it comes to winter weather and if you have a power outage.
Keep water running to prevent pipes from freezing.
All fuel-burning equipment should be vented to the outside and kept clear -- if you're running a generator it must be outside to prevent carbon monoxide fumes filling your home.
If your home does lose power, go to a designated public shelter during periods of extreme cold.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane