We have some tips when it comes to winter weather and if you have a power outage.
Keep water running to prevent pipes from freezing.
All fuel-burning equipment should be vented to the outside and kept clear -- if you're running a generator it must be outside to prevent carbon monoxide fumes filling your home.
If your home does lose power, go to a designated public shelter during periods of extreme cold.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Person of interest identified in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Updated UPDATE: Former Bristol doctor receives probation on tax charges
- New Griffith, Kitts set for showdown in Virginia 9th District debate
- Arby's to sell venison sandwiches in 6 deer-hunting states