BRISTOL, Va./Tenn. - Art is taking over State Street in Bristol this weekend. This event is all part of the third annual "State of the Arts", which gives artist's a chance to get their names out there. This weekend they've had events like kids' art day, art competitions, and an art swap. Each year they add a new event to try to attract more people. The displays will also allow other people to see what kind of art Bristol has to offer.
Believe in Bristol board member, Bethany Wilson, says the purpose of "State of the Arts" is to bring more people downtown. "Downtown definitely offers such a variety of the arts that people in our own community, tourist, people traveling through the area need to know that Bristol is a place to stop and come see," adds Wilson.
For more information about the arts in Bristol go to bristolarts.com.
- Updated Kingsport City Schools unveils new DB Excel facility
- Updated Northeast State Student Veterans of America raising awareness about veteran suicides
- New Bluff City Rescue launches 'Buck for a Truck' campaign
- New Grant deadline approaches to expand Birthplace of Country Music Museum
- Women's Facebook warning goes viral