ABINGDON, Va. - A southwest Virginia man is accused of trying to kill a woman in Abingdon.
Jonathan O'Neil Hess, 24, is charged with Attempted First Degree Murder.
Abingdon police say the 41-year-old victim reported being attacked Saturday morning.
The alleged incident happened in the 900 block of Hillman Highway.
The victim says she was choked to the point of blacking out, and her alleged attacker kicked her in the ribs and stomped on her ankle.
The victim was transported to the hospital where she was treated for her injuries and released.
Based upon the statement provided, as well as physical evidence obtained at the scene, officers identified the suspect as Jonathan O'Neil Hess.
Police say the woman and Hess knew each other.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- Updated Drought causes high levels of sodium in Coeburn's drinking water
- Updated Attorney: Alabama mom delivered stillborn baby after snorting heroin
- Kingsport police searching for man accused in deputy-involved hit-and-run