TAZEWELL COUNTY, Va. - A Southwest Virginia man, accused of killing his parents, pleaded guilty.
Christopher Dean Looney was charged with the death of his parents Valerie and Harvey Looney.
The two were discovered on the morning of March 30, 2009, by an employee at the Pizza Plus restaurant in Claypool Hill. Valerie's body was found in the office while Harvey's body was found near a door outside of restaurant.
The Looneys managed the pizza restaurant. Looney entered a no contest plea. He received two life sentences.
We're told family members are pleased with the outcome of the case.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash