TAZEWELL COUNTY, Va. - A Southwest Virginia man, accused of killing his parents, pleaded guilty.
Christopher Dean Looney was charged with the death of his parents Valerie and Harvey Looney.
The two were discovered on the morning of March 30, 2009, by an employee at the Pizza Plus restaurant in Claypool Hill. Valerie's body was found in the office while Harvey's body was found near a door outside of restaurant.
The Looneys managed the pizza restaurant. Looney entered a no contest plea. He received two life sentences.
We're told family members are pleased with the outcome of the case.
- Court: Greeneville bank manager embezzled more than $1 million
- Local police agencies offering drug take-back services Saturday
- Domtar announces reduced production at Kingsport plant
- Virginia voter registration deadline extended through Friday
- School board picks plan for new Boone's Creek school, discusses redistricting issue