BRISTOL, Va. - A business that sells teaching materials is making a move from downtown Bristol to make room for the planned Sessions Hotel.
Kentucky School Service on State Street sold its building and will be opening up shop in the Bristol Mall.
KSS offers instructional supplies for teachers, parents and church groups.
KSS has been in business in the downtown area for 33 years.
The owner, Russell Strange, said he has mixed feelings about leaving State Street but he believes the hotel will be good for the city.
"It's going to bring people to downtown from other places," said Strange. "It's not going to be just the locals down here. So, it should spur more business down here on State Street."
KSS will be holding a big sale starting next week.
The plan is to close the downtown store the first week of June then re-open in the Bristol Mall on June 30th.
- Tenn. Senate replaces proposed 'alien' label IDs with 'visa'
- Part of Bristol, Tennessee without water after water main break
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations