BRISTOL, Tenn. - Bailey Stout died in a jet ski accident July 11th on Boone Lake.
Last weekend friends organized a car wash to raise money to help Bailey's parents with expenses.
Saturday the Skate Inn in Bristol Tennessee played host to nearly 300 people, celebrating Bailey's life and raising more money.
Kelly and Mike Hann organized the benefit at Bailey's favorite hang out.
Her mom Nikki Hulse told me earlier that Bailey loved to skate and was there three or four days a week.
Hulse says this last week has been very tough, but she and her husband Pig Stout are thankful for the support.
"If it wasn't for support, I wouldn't be standing on my legs. it's just so tremendous. you've got billions of good hearts out here in the tricities, trust me, still," said Hulse
Her parents tell me Bailey would have been a freshman at Virginia High School, and the school will plant a tree in Baileys memory.
Bailey stout was 14-years-old.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities
- Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record