Shoppers were out in full force for one of the busiest shopping days of the year Friday morning.
Our crews were out early that morning talking with shoppers that spent the overnight hours bargain hunting.
Even before the calendar turned to Friday, shoppers lined the sidewalks outside of the Bristol Mall. Many folks were there with a list that they checked twice to make sure they found the perfect gift to place under the tree.
Carol Hall had a few very specific ideas in mind. "An iPad, toys, different things," she said
While the mall's midnight opening might seem early to some, we found out this was the second, third, or even fourth stop of Black Friday shopping for many there. Carol Hall told us she had already been to Sears, Walmart and Target.
Once inside the mall, the shoppers set out on their mission to grab the early bird door buster deals.
We also found out Black Friday shopping is not just about the deals; shoppers say the people watching can be just as exciting.
This is the first time the Bristol Mall has opened at midnight. Officials say based on the turnout, it was a success.
Along with the early morning sales, many stores offered different discounts throughout the day.
- Updated UPDATE: Bristol assisted living worker pleads guilty to assaulting 94-year-old woman
- Bond set at $7M for suspect in Ohio house fire that killed 7
- Trump vows to crack down on leaks, slams NATO
- Insurers continue to hike prices, abandon ACA markets
- Woman claiming Sandy Hook was a hoax pleading guilty to threats