BRISTOL, Va. - We caught up with some Black Friday shoppers that morning, many of whom had been on a 12-hour shopping spree.
Some shoppers tell us they started the night of shopping on Thursday evening then hit the Bristol Mall at midnight. By about 7 a.m. some were already heading home, done with their shopping.
Despite the long hours, customers we talked to say they were enjoying the experience.
We met shoppers Nicole Moore and Joni Jo McReynolds at the mall. "I love it, it's fun. It's an adrenaline rush, and watching the people," Nicole laughed. "Some get so mean, some are nice. It's just fun."
We checked with the Bristol Mall manager -- she tells us this Black Friday was the biggest crowd they've had.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash