BRISTOL, Va. - We caught up with some Black Friday shoppers that morning, many of whom had been on a 12-hour shopping spree.
Some shoppers tell us they started the night of shopping on Thursday evening then hit the Bristol Mall at midnight. By about 7 a.m. some were already heading home, done with their shopping.
Despite the long hours, customers we talked to say they were enjoying the experience.
We met shoppers Nicole Moore and Joni Jo McReynolds at the mall. "I love it, it's fun. It's an adrenaline rush, and watching the people," Nicole laughed. "Some get so mean, some are nice. It's just fun."
We checked with the Bristol Mall manager -- she tells us this Black Friday was the biggest crowd they've had.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities
- Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record