BRISTOL, Tenn. - One lucky person will soon be driving around in a 2012 Bristol Motor Speedway pace car, but first that person has to win the Sharky 500.
The event is the second biggest fundraiser held by the Bristol chapter of Speedway Children's Charities.
All you have to do to win is purchase a rubber shark for $10. Then on October 13, all of the sharks are dropped into Beaver Creek. The first one to make it across the finish line will win the Ford Mustang pace car.
""Last year, we had over $1 million requested from the Bristol Chapter of the Speedway Children's Charities. We raised $660,000," said Claudia Byrd, with Speedway Children's Charities. "It's a lot of money but it wasn't enough to go around. So we work really hard every year to have some new events."
Only 10,000 sharks are available and there is no limit on how many you can buy.
The second place prize is $5,000 in merchandise from Grand Home Furnishings. The third place finisher wins a 4-night vacation in Gatlinburg.
You do not have to be present to win.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend