BRISTOL, VA - The plan for the Sessions Hotel in downtown Bristol is full speed ahead.
Hotel representatives spoke this morning at the noon Rotary Club of Bristol. The company revealed some design changes and showed pictures of other properties they developed and revitalized from around the country.
Kimberly Christner, works for Creative Boutique Hotels. She says the company has acquired all of the land necessary to develop the hotel property.
The 20-million dollar project will have 70 rooms and is expected to open before Christmas of 2015.
The group plans to begin demolition in late September. "The old warehouse building and the garage on Goode Street." said Christner. "We will be demolishing those old buildings, leveling out that ground to make way for parking for the hotel and then will be moving forward to the KSS building and demolishing that."
Christner says the group hopes to hire 75 employees and expects most to be local.
- New Video game player dies during non-stop marathon session
- New Correctional workers paint grim picture of Delaware prisons
- Updated 4 charged in death of 9-year-old boy with cerebral palsy
- Carter County robbery suspect captured
- Faculty respond to TBR's 'interim actions' taken at Northeast State Community College