BRISTOL, Va. - Virginia U.S. Senate candidate Ed Gillespie was in Bristol today.
Gillespie took a tour of the Birthplace of Country Music Museum before holding a press conference.
Gillespie outlined his ideas and agenda for economic growth.
He also talked about coal jobs and tourism for the state.
"That's what I want to fight for, for that economic opportunity, economic growth, upward mobility, people able to lift themselves, and for this generation to be better than the generation that came before," said Gillespie.
He is a Republican running for U.S. Senate against Democrat incumbent Mark Warner.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Updated Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death